When you choose me, it’s because I’ve shown you that I can create images that you can’t get elsewhere. A truly unique image is something I deliver every time. At the same time, there is nothing quite like creating beautiful images while capturing those memories with your loved ones. Are you someone who enjoys taking beautiful pictures with your family? Then you are probably always on the lookout for inspiration for your next photo session. But as part of my portraiture service involves me helping you develop your theme, I figured I’d give you some freebies to riff off of. Below are some unique photo ideas I’m sure you’ll love.
- Family history.Are you a fan of the photos that your grandparents or even great grandparents have taken? Why not replicate them yourself? All it takes is a bit of posing coaching, helping you find clothing to suit the era, my creative interpretation (others call this editing) and together, we can achieve the same look and feel!
- First and last day of school.For the first day of school, we can get some fun pictures of your child getting ready, or even waiting at the bus stop and boarding the school bus. You can then set up the same on the day of school, so that you have a set of amazing “before and after” pictures, showing the changes and experience of life.
- Generational photos. Photos are one of those items that are passed down through generations so why not create one that future family members can treasure. Take a photo with your daughter, mom and grandma to show the generations of women in your family or any other mix of family members that you want to place in a picture together. Think “modern family” opening scene, but in a unique image that tells your story!
- Maternity portraits. Even though most clients commission me for a single shoot, there are many fun and creative ways I can show your progress through pregnancy and documenting it with photos is the perfect way to capture this time in your life. Years from now you’ll be able to take your child through your journey before you got to meet them and share that special moment with them, all with professional imagery.
- Pet portraits.If your pet is a member of your family then capturing memories with them is just as important. There are so many great ways to take some amazing photos whether it’s outside at a park or in the comfort of your own home. You could even commission a Fine Art portraiture session for your four-legged, winged, or even slithering friend!
- Save the dates.Getting married in the near future? I can create a personal and unique image where your wedding date is displayed as a lovely, fun, and unique way to invite people to your wedding. We can do anything from writing the date on the bottom of your shoes to using chalkboards or balloons to display the date. Lots of possibilities there!
- Gender reveal/baby shower.Why not make finding out the gender of your baby a fun surprise for everyone by turning it into a fun photo that you can send around, or even hang on your wall! Some cute ideas include releasing pink or blue balloons out of a box or you could incorporate a cute color frame to hold around your belly.